Regulation of dynamic headlight W203

JanisO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C30 AMG
Good evening all !
First of all, let me introduce with myself in few words as this will be my first post :)
Im driving S203 C30 AMG Mercedes, one and only AMG diesel car. Living in Latvia :) So please forgive me language, im still just learning english.

Yet I have a liitle problem im willing to fix by myself and looking for a little help. The problem is reguation of bixenon headlight does not work. At first I thought there cant be anything difficult at all so visited workshop so they can fix the problem, but ended its not really 5min work as I expected it to be :) They noted what is wrong, there is one sensor and rod to replace (see first picture ,tile number 8 is one I need to replace). After a little research I figured I could start by replacing rod only, thats usually the problem and if its still not working than should change turning angle sensor also.
Ok, so it took a month to get this rod from Germany and here I go... so I found this sensor on my car and picture is not the same I expected to see. Scheme workshop gave me showed this detail I have adds straight to sensor but I see I have different rod there on car (picture two)
So yet, If anyone had same problem, how did you fix it, this rod i just got (see 3. pic). Is it something I actually dont need, or im looking at wrong sensor or where could be the problem/sulotion? :)
Diagnostic did not show any fault with regulation of headlights.

Im used that everyone seeing my car get cunfused and yet just visiting few trusted Mescedes centrs, but I still would like to think this problem should be easy to fix by myself

I will be thankful for any advice.

Attachments

• shēma.PNG
    shēma.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6003.jpg
    IMG_6003.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5997.jpg
    IMG_5997.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
OP
J

JanisO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C30 AMG
hmm, nothing at all.. explanation of problem is unclear or really no one havnt faced this problem ?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
you say that 'regulation' of your xenon headlights doesn't work ... do you mean they are not self levelling? Or are they doing they should not be?

OP
J

JanisO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C30 AMG
you say that 'regulation' of your xenon headlights doesn't work ... do you mean they are not self levelling? Or are they doing they should not be?
Exactly, they are not self leveling. Normally when you turn engine on they do leveling, and this part is not working, they consntatly keep lowest level so its even little difficult to see in darkness.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Exactly, they are not self leveling. Normally when you turn engine on they do leveling, and this part is not working, they consntatly keep lowest level so its even little difficult to see in darkness.

In general with levelling xenon headlights, there will be a level switch/sensor at both the front & rear of the car that 'talk' to the headlights. You do need to get your car connected to a decent diagnostic reader (Mercedes diagnostic reader is STAR) otherwise you are just guessing .... and spending money on things that do not fix your car

and your English is a LOT better than our Latvian :D:D

OP
J

JanisO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C30 AMG
well thats what I usually do, i just give to someone who know what to do with it, this case wasnt different, but since they asked like 200eur (depends on parts i choose) it sounded like insane for such problem and i got inspiration to finally fix something by myself. Beside they said what part is wrong, i got even even part number.. All I need is to find that part on my car and replace it :D
well, its known I have problem in rear part, i just could not understad what they mean with rear and was still looking for in in car front. If you there is sensor at rear part of car, than i will it one more try, will look there and i still cant find it than I give up.
Thanks for answers

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom