Remapping 180CDI CVT advise

AMck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E320cdi S211, SL320 2000(written off), Lotus Excel
Hi folks.

We have just added to our Mercedes stable with a 2007 A180cdi with the CVT box with 38k miles and would like to remap it.

I would be interested to hear anyone's experience if they have had a remap done on one of these vehicles.

Is the CVT box up to coping with the extra torque?

Some companies I am considering;

GAD have quoted 35-40 BHP and 60-70 Nm gain

Superchips show 2 engine options - a Euro 4 and a Euro 5 version (not sure which one I have - how do I find out?)
for the euro 4 thay claim 35bhp and 74Nm and 48bhp and 117Nm for the euro 5

Celtic Tuning offer 3 maps Economy (not for us), stage 1 - 29bhp and 37Nm gain, Stage 2 - 76bhp and 107Nm.

Opinions and experiences welcome, Thanks

OP
A

AMck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just noticed an error in the above figures.

The Celtic Tuning one should be 107lb/ft increase, not Nm. Which if I believe equates to 145Nm.

This seems a very large increase and way above anything anyone else seems to be quoting.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good afternoon,

Sorry guys we have been away but we are back!!! The injectors in the A180 simply cannot flow enough fuel to make that power! As for the CVT gearbox if the vehicle lets us have gearbox settings then we very well might have some control over it also!

Also included is EGR delete which is nothing but beneficial to the smoothness and throttle response with the added benefit of slightly increased performance.

Many thanks

The GAD team

OP
A

AMck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good afternoon,

Sorry guys we have been away but we are back!!! The injectors in the A180 simply cannot flow enough fuel to make that power! As for the CVT gearbox if the vehicle lets us have gearbox settings then we very well might have some control over it also!

Also included is EGR delete which is nothing but beneficial to the smoothness and throttle response with the added benefit of slightly increased performance.

Many thanks

The GAD team

Welcome back

Thanks for reply. I will be honest and say the higher figures from Celtic did strike me as being too good to be true.

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
The new A180 CDI run the Delphi management and we have had excellent gains from the vehicle but the older variations using the Bosch EDC16 management you cant push them to that level.

Many thanks

The GAD team

PS Its good to be back!!!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom