Remote Boot Release

Benz Driver

Reaction score
Help.....

I have read recent threads from various members about the ability to operate the remote boot release on a CLK 220 whilst having a completly drained battery.
Could somebody please point me in the right direction so that I can open the boot and remove the battery.

Cheers

Steve

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
You could use the little metal key in the back of the keyfob

mmmadman

Reaction score
Auxillary Battery Terminal

Hi, If your still stuck and can access the engine bay there is an auxillary positive terminal for the battery ! Mine is on the nearside near the damper top mounting position under a plastic cover, it is not labelled up and the cables are black !
If you connect another battery or a power pack to this positive connection and a good earth you will be able to power up the car and access the boot etc.......

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
mmmadman said:
Hi, If your still stuck and can access the engine bay there is an auxillary positive terminal for the battery ! Mine is on the nearside near the damper top mounting position under a plastic cover, it is not labelled up and the cables are black !
If you connect another battery or a power pack to this positive connection and a good earth you will be able to power up the car and access the boot etc.......

That's the way to do it, I think that everyone should know where this is on their car,

Malcolm

OP
B

Benz Driver

Reaction score
Thank you one and all.

Have used the auxiliary power terminals and happily opened the boot.
Just for future information - Tried through the Fuse box first (Fuse 7) as listed, which should have worked, but only relised when using the other method that you have to hold the Boot release upwards for approximately two seconds before releasing the boot. Fuse method would probably have worked if I had known this before hand.

Cheers once again :p

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Benz Driver said:
Thank you one and all.

Have used the auxiliary power terminals and happily opened the boot.
Just for future information - Tried through the Fuse box first (Fuse 7) as listed, which should have worked, but only relised when using the other method that you have to hold the Boot release upwards for approximately two seconds before releasing the boot. Fuse method would probably have worked if I had known this before hand.

Cheers once again :p
By soldering a piece of wire onto a spare fuse and having one of the small sealed burgler alarm batteries , you need never be stuck.

Malcolm

Top Bottom