Rental death trap - Nissan - what were they thinking ?

OP
B

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
More Nissan / Renault experience

2000ish nearly bought a Skyline GTS way back before getting the Evo - it was normal, felt normal, drove normal - had a misfire when you ripped it, then tested a SX200 nice car, even felt normal as an auto - but it wasn't a minter

2012 she got a Nissan Note for thee weeks (brand new as a loaner from the body-shop) we both hated it - it had two really odd things going on

1) the rear brakes would lock up violently when driving in a spritley / enthusiastic manner manner, it was so wild... and did it all the time, I couldn't believe it was allowed on the road (I'd totally forgotten about that when I writing up this much later nissan experience)

2) we both felt oddly travel sick whenever either of us drove this car - never had it in any car before or since - I thought it was something to do with a rather low roof line and horrid suspension - too stiff and no damping jostled you about making you disorientated

that car was super nasty and dangerous

Renault Captur (or whatever it is) mate came round with this hire car - waiting on his new company car to come through - body was so stiff - had the stiffest nastiest suspension you can believe - so dangerous the wheels weren't on the road much and as a passenger I kept hurting my neck hitting the roof lining over our nasty roads - I told him there was something seriously wrong with the car - I discovered the tyres were at 50 PSI - it was just bearable and quite a bit safer at 38 PSI

Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
More Nissan / Renault expereince

2000 nearly bought a Skyline GTS way back before getting the Evo - it was normal felt normal drove normal - had a misfire where you ripped it
Tested a SX200 nice car even felt normal evan as an auto - but it wasn't a minter

2012 she got a Nissan Note for thee week (brand new as a loaner from the body-shop) we both hated it - it had two really odd things going on

1) the rear brakes would lock up violently - "when driving a small car you don't own in a spritley / enthusiastic manner manner" it was so wild and did it all the time I couldn't believe it was allowed on the road (I'd totaly forgotten about that when I writing up this much later nissian experince)

2) we both felt oddly travel sick when driving the car - never had it in any car before or since - I thought it was something to do with a rather low roof line and horrid suspension

that car was super nasty

Renault Capta (or what ever it is) - mate came round has the stiffest nasiest suspension you can belive - so dangerous the wheels weren't on the road and I kept hurting my neck hitting the roof lining over our nasty roads - I discovered the tyres were at 50 PSI and it was just bearable and quite a bit safer at 35PSI
A friend had a Nissan Note very briefly, I think it was a13 plate,, and I have to say it was awful in terms of build quality and ride and grunt. The interior reminded me of a rather cheap 60's transistor radio. Didn't like it one little bit :(

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom