Replacement leather seat covers for Mercedes (from USA)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I felt slightly, just slightly guilty of my wording sio I have very quickly logged onto the Internet and randomly selected 'older' Mercedes-Benz with leather seats.

Not evidence that ALL Mercedes-Benz leather seats are made from inferior leather and I 100% accept that we will always have the odd seats that have been abused and had a rough 'life'

This first image is of a 50 year old car, yes FIFTY year old. One of the others is 30yr old and the other being a young 20 year old vehicle. I have not looked for good pictures, I very quickly grabbed the first I could find

View attachment 71050 View attachment 71051 View attachment 71052
Having a large bunch of keys hanging form your belt can quickly damage side bolsters. That and being "extra-medium" can also cause damage when alighting the vehicle

Last edited:

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
This exactly. I've imported car parts and other stuff from the States from all sorts of suppliers for decades. I've learned that their description of "Genuine", "OEM" and "OEM Quality" has to treated with some circumspection as marketing hype, although quality has improved a bit over the years. I've found the quality of these interior kits, whilst relatively cheap, won't match what a really good car upholsterer can achieve. I haven't dealt with this supplier though and they maybe very good. A bit of a gamble though.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
You can tell if the seats are genuine , by looking at the speedo ..A car with 300000 on it and the seats are mint , tells me they have had work done on the seats,or have even been replaced . There are lots of tell tail items inside a car that gives the age away .Like wear on the stearing wheel Most c;assic cars that look as if they have just come from the factory , most of them have been rebuilt , and nothing on the car your looking at is original . Some are genuine cars that are garaged from new , and the tyres dont even touch the road .If they move ,then its on a trailor . = no mileage or very little . An old car with dings and scratches on it with starship miles thats had nothing done to it,, will sell for more money . And the pictures you find , will only tell you one tale, that that the seats look new . But are they, you dont know that .

Top Bottom