Reset Vito Service indicator

dava

Reaction score
I think it's the same as the sprinter, spanner in dash, so dont shoot me. Key in ign, press the trip meter buton on the dash untill the service due comes up I think it's twice, turn on ign and hold this button down and it will flash hold, may take a few seconds, untill it resets. For some reason some sprinters you have to leave the door open curtesy light on???? MB thing????

kwano

New Registration
Reaction score
I have a 2006 VITO LWB 109 CDI (W639) without the multi function steering wheel and has the 'M' and 'R' buttons on the left hand side of the speedo cluster.

After a little searching online I have today managed to reset the service indicator using the following steps :

1. Insert Key and turn ignition on to position 2 (ie. 2 clicks). All the usual lights will illuminate.

2. Then press button 'M' twice (This must be done as soon as the ignition is switched on) and the service display will show (either 1 or 2 spanners/mileage will show).

3. Now turn back the key to position 1, press and continue to hold the 'M' button and at the same time then turn back the ignition to position 2. Keep holding down the 'M' button until you hear a long 'beep' sound (around 10 seconds) which will tell you the service indicator has been reset. The new mileage indicator together with either spanner 1 or 2 will show displaying the new mileage to your next service.

4. Release button 'M'.

Job done ! :)

You can repeat the above steps to switch from Spanner 1 or 2 for your next service depending on which service you have just carried out.

Hope this helps !

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom