1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restart your engine?

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Beemer2, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Beemer2

Beemer2 Active Senior Members

Your Mercedes:
    2014 E250 petrol W212
    I was sitting today in my W212 with key in aux position deleting duplicated phone addresses and listening to MP3s. I then I saw a message which said Turn on engine or system will shut down (OSW). I switched off the "ignition" and re-started only to find that the message said "shutting down in 10 seconds".

Just how much energy is consumed by Audio 50?

Jim2 likes this.
  2. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS55 AMG '05
    Enough to cause the protect system to cut in, usually takes approx 30min. If the car battery voltage drops below a given value, it will automatically shut down consumers..

3. brandwooddixon

brandwooddixon Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 Bluefficency 2012
    You have to bear in mind that most stereo systems draw nearly as much power when the audio is quiet as they do when at full blast.

4. Jim2

Jim2 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
    Hi All, speaking of starting and stopping.. this morning, I drove into town, and parked up. On my return, I inserted the key into the ignition and switched it on. Turned it to "Start" position......nothing happened. Switched it off, and started the process again....same result, starter did not turn. But then a few seconds later it started all by it self....is this normal? In another car We have ( Skoda Superb ) You just turn the ignition on...and it self-starts. Have the w212 mercs's the same capability?
    Thanks for any info on this,
    Best Regards, Jim2