retro fit Command - anyone done it.

gazzab

Reaction score
I see you can buy instructions for fitting it to my car (W210 320cdi estate 2001). I guess I can get a unit cheap enough - anyone done it? Is it easy?

OP
G

gazzab

Reaction score
gulp - looks scarey!!!! Thanks!
Do any indi garages offer this service eg star garage in Reading? If I can get a unit cheap from germany and then get a reasonable charge from an indie to fit.....?!

OP
G

gazzab

Reaction score
a grand sounds steep - ok much much cheaper than merc but it is a 2nd hand unit and the fitting cant be more than 3 hrs for someone experienced. So dont add as good value for me.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Get a command for less than a grand? Good luck. A new one is £1500-2500 and repairs are almost impossible to get. Used ones will be listed under rocking horse menure I suspect.

R

ronin47th

jberks said:
Get a command for less than a grand? Good luck. A new one is £1500-2500 and repairs are almost impossible to get. Used ones will be listed under rocking horse menure I suspect.
Thats what i thought - £1000 fitted is cheap, with the ecu recode and fitting of GPS antenna, and you also have a point of contact in the event of a failure.
Some people shop at waitrose, others kwiksave............

OP
G

gazzab

Reaction score
kwiksave never heard of it. But thanks for the sarcasm.
What I mean is that I have seen the units go for a couple of hundred pounds second hand and the fitting instructions looked like hassle but not so very difficult.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
gazzab said:
I see you can buy instructions for fitting it to my car (W210 320cdi estate 2001). I guess I can get a unit cheap enough - anyone done it? Is it easy?

Yep, I've done it and it isnt that hard at all. Especially if its in an ML or a CLK (W208). As for getting one for less than a grand, I can supply them for a lot less. Used but fully tested, fully functional and with all the necessary instructions and a PDF manual.

Send me a Private Message if interested.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom