1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof Problem

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Al Blair1, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Al Blair1

Al Blair1 New Member

Your Mercedes:
    Sl 1992 300
    Hello! I am anew member who owns a 300sl 1992, i am having problems trying to get soft top back down for hard top to go back on before,1 I go on holiday and 2before the snow comes cause beleive me its coming. All functions work to the point of where the soft top is hidden, windows go down back of soft top comes up and then door/lid where the soft top hides under only raises 4 inches and the process does not go any further. When i put the soft top button the other way it works lid closes back down its 4inches and soft top locks back in and windows come back up!!!!!! Can anyone help thanks Al

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    I can send you some papers that explain where all the interlocks are and the function sequence

3. Alex Crow

Alex Crow Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
    Might just be low fluid level - check the reservoir in the middle of the spare wheel well in the boot.

4. kerwin6265

kerwin6265 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLK320 convertible
    Hi Al I have had this problem it turned out to be the dampers on the shelf in the boot as the process of closing the roof starts the dampers start to creep lifting the shelf this then shows as a fault and the roof stops but it will let you close the roof. I had the dampers replaced not an expensive fix.

5. Alex Crow

Alex Crow Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
    Yes, but in fairness, you do have a different type of car...