Rough idle on hot start

dvarley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 320 T CDI
My 320CDI IL6 has developed a problem when the engine is hot and restarted after stopping for a few minutes. The engine shakes like a misfire, but after driving off and getting up to speed, it is okay and will idle fine. It seems worse when the outside temp is 30°+. It shows no faults and has had the mountings replace a year ago. I also get the common knocking noise at 1500 - 2000 revs when hot. I noticed the hot starting problem after filling up with supermarket fuel. Could this be the culprit? Where possible I use Total Excillium, which the car seems to like. Are there any other tests I can do to pinpoint the problem?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Maybe an issue with the CPS (Crank position sensor) but it needs hooked up to a Star diagnostic first I guess to eliminate the obvious stuff

OP
dvarley

dvarley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 320 T CDI
Star shows no problems, but the idle was okay when it was plugged in. It only does it just after a hot start and then it is okay until it is switched off and restarted before it has cooled down. CPS was replaced a year ago as it was faulty.

OP
dvarley

dvarley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 320 T CDI
Star shows a fault. P0100-016 B 2/5 (hot film mas air flow sensor) plausibility 1. Air flow low at lower range of speed. Does this suggest that I need a new sensor?

OP
dvarley

dvarley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 320 T CDI
4b5549928c9ce56b460883ccd2ce6656.jpg

I have just changed no 6 injector for a reconditioned one from a German supplier. Car back to normal. No tapping noise and fuel economy back to normal.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom