Route to take - A4 or M4

pentoman

Reaction score
Website
www.pentoman.com
Hi guys.. I've been imported to this site by Matt Crooke, from the mercedesshop.com forums - glad to find a UK MB site!

I've gotta get from Bristol to Windsor in a few days in my black '86 190E, and want to take the most fun route.. I get bored of just finding the nearest motorway and heading along it for 2 hours -

I can go parallel to the M4 on the A4, through Chippenham, Marlborough, Newbury and into Reading then get on the M4

Or I could just jump on the M4 at Bristol.. but I hate that ****** road! Is there anything in the Newbury area worth stopping to see?
A route without speed cameras would be pretty good too.. :D

This links to the relavant map, Bristol's a few clicks left and Windsor's a few clicks right

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....&scale=200000&left.x=10&left.y=18

later!

Russ

fuzzer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
The same set up is being used in Gwent also . They park above the motorways M4 & M50 - which they said they would never do !!!

The vans are white or blue Peugot with little signs on the, "Think" .

might make you plan your route.

Joe Bradley

Reaction score
hungerford is a v pretty little town, lots of antique shops if you like that sorta thing n you can have lunch on the canal though I think for choice of restaurants Newbury is superior.

I'd run the A4 as a preference if time is no object - we do the London/South Wales run regularly ( her indoors is a taf) what I tend to do on each trip is look for some b roads to 'loop' off n on the A4 you can get some cracking' ( for cracking read hairy!) driving in and only add 20-30 mins to your journey
380sl Lefthooker hazy bootlid, killer sounds

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom