Running up the mast

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumleyjs

Reaction score
I have recently replaced the radio mast on my 500 SEL with a 'fits all' universal model .

The replacement mast seemed to fit into the control box well enough although it was longer at full extension than the original.

On testing after install, the mast extended to full length but the control motor continued to 'run on' making a clicking noise.

When the radio was switched OFF the mast fully retracted and the control motor was silent.

Any suggestions out there to help restore my in car entertainment ?

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Hi,

Obviously one mast does not fit all. Buy the original from MB or check if German & Swedish supply the Hershaman equivalent.

If you use the original stuff no problems. Trust me I've been fitting them for 23yrs.

Regards
Andy @ www.mercedesservicing.com

PS. David from German & Swedish will probably pick this up and give you a quote on this forum if they can supply!!!

David Halsey

Reaction score
HA HA!
And if by magic here it is!

We do a complete aerial for 29.50, original loom plug and all.
Seems a waste to just fit a mast when this is soooo cheap

Reaction score
My aerial on my 190e has always sounded like a couple of wildebeast mating in the boot. I suspect it was replaced at some stage by a previous owner. Are the aerials always fairly noisy, or is it just that I have a cheap aerial, badly fitted.... And if there's room for improvement is there a 190e version available in and around that proce, too David?

THanks.

Mark.

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Nightmare these ariels arent they, i have managed to have 2 snapped off in the last couple of months, unfortunatly i have resorted to fitting the £2.99 jobs you get in service stations, however they always seem to do the trick, although you cant always get the backwards slant that a proper Merc one would have!

Merc should take a leaf out of Fords book (god did i say that!?) and fit the radio ariel as part of the rear screen heating element. They cant be snapped off, and because they have an in-line signal amp, the reception is perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom