Rust on an '87 190, what to do?

Rob Turbo

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a 1987 190 S that needs a bit of a tidy up

Theres rust along the bottom of the doors, its not so bad that its hanging off, its mainly just untidy and I'd like to sort it before it gets too bad

Should I just sand back, possibly a layer of body filler, then spray and refit the trim or would I be better off getting new doors? (well not new, just some off another car with no rust)

I'm new to merc ownership so dont know how hard it will be to find rust free doors and what price they go for

Thanks in advance
Rob

OP
R

Rob Turbo

Reaction score
The badge on the back said 190 S, seemed original, its not an E, it has a carb

OP
R

Rob Turbo

Reaction score
On that site it just says 190, no letters etc. strange tho, why would merc make an S badge (attatched to the 190 bit) if it doesnt exist?

Anyway, its smoke silver but I'm just outside Durham (North East) so I'm miles from you anyway!

Thanks for the help
Rob

Ramius

Reaction score
You could always just buy new doors, treating the rust wont get rid of it it would still fight its way back. Try Eurocar parts, nice and cheap for the fabled W124 front wings! (Mine are due :()

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom