Rusty Hubs

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Rear ones have accumulated quite a bit of surface rust over the last few weeks, due to the weather and a lot of inactivity on my part.

Should MB be expected to repaint them as they do look a bit of a mess or would they not be interested?

I don't really anticipate a problem with the dealer, but would be interested in all scenarios.

Would it possibly be worth calling in in advance to let them look at the problem?

I got FMBSH so would it come under Mobilo?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you look at the cars for sale in the showrooms they all have rusty hubs.

Why not do it your self with hamerite spray silver.

Malcolm

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 22
OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Cheers Malcolm. Yeah, I've seen them with the rust on them, but still don't like it.
I'd be prepared to do it myself, was just hoping they might do it for me. It does look a mess, and my garage isn't finished yet, so nowhere to do them :(

It's coming on though (see attached)

Attachments

• Garage_12s.jpg
    Garage_12s.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 40

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I did mine outside and used a heat lamp to dry them.

Your garage is comming on well. pleased to see that you have used a 1000 guage liner, thats important,otherwise everything in there will go rusty, nice size too.

Malcolm

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
The walls are finished now, just too dark to take a photo tonight. The liner's actually doubled up as well.

Size: Not as wide as I wanted but it would have taken a lot of light from the kitchen if it had been :rolleyes:

Length is good, though there's now a separate workshop in the back.

It's being networked through to the main PC so I can keep the house a bit tidier when I'm repairing/building the ****** things (hobbies & favours only).
(I've insulated the floor in there with 50mm polystyrene foam)

Height is probably too much, though I'll live with it. Pitched (tiled) roof starting on Friday hopefully.

Door comes within three weeks. Electric/remote controlled roller shutter, powder coated in white.

Didn't get insulated though as you recommended as I've eventually had to economise. :(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The walls are finished now, just too dark to take a photo tonight. The liner's actually doubled up as well.

Size: Not as wide as I wanted but it would have taken a lot of light from the kitchen if it had been :rolleyes:

Length is good, though there's now a separate workshop in the back.

It's being networked through to the main PC so I can keep the house a bit tidier when I'm repairing/building the ****** things (hobbies & favours only).
(I've insulated the floor in there with 50mm polystyrene foam)

Height is probably too much, though I'll live with it. Pitched (tiled) roof starting on Friday hopefully.

Door comes within three weeks. Electric/remote controlled roller shutter, powder coated in white.

Didn't get insulated though as you recommended as I've eventually had to economise. :(
Dont think the door will make that much difference as during strong winds it can blow through the top,over the roller,good on you, it will tranform your life.

Malcolm

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If you have enough height then a two post lift would be very nice to have. You could then park two cars in the garage :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you have enough height then a two post lift would be very nice to have. You could then park two cars in the garage :)

Funny that you should mention that, I saw one of Turnipsocks friends garages that could do that. Even if you could just get the car 3 feet off the ground,there is so much more that you can do yourself.

Malcolm

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe

Would be different, but not that much height :)

Even if you could just get the car 3 feet off the ground,there is so much more that you can do yourself.

Sadly don't do anything myself nowadays. Hardly any tools, the only jack is the one that came with the car, but the main reason is a definite lack of motivation.

Thegemmesabogie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 320TE
Funny that you should mention that, I saw one of Turnipsocks friends garages that could do that. Even if you could just get the car 3 feet off the ground,there is so much more that you can do yourself.

Malcolm

This friend of Turnipsocks did you mean Malc?;) :D

hoist006.jpg

hoist008.jpg

Last edited:
OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Now that's a garage :)

Is that ramp a single phase motor?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes. 3hp robbed from a big circular saw and made to drive the hydraulic pump with an adaptor.

Yes your Garage is the one that I was refering to.

I am sure that I have seen lifts with a single phase motor, a little on the slow side, I will check.

Malcolm

Top Bottom