RWD Vito wheels spin on uneven road surface, ASR off stops the issue for a few minutes.

PrintOnANYTHING

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 115 CDi 2004 W639
RWD Vito wheels spin on uneven road surface, ASR off stops the issue for a few minutes.
If I power off while ASR on, the slipping stops until power on over any uneven surface e.g. potholes etc ...

ASR Anti Slip Reduction appears to be the fault, but don't know where to start fixing the problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

I'd check the reluctor rings and wheel speed sensors are working as they should be - decent code reader is your friend

OP
PrintOnANYTHING

PrintOnANYTHING

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 115 CDi 2004 W639
Great advice, I think you may be right. I have found two videos to explain how to do these two tasks.

EXCELLENT SENSOR TESTING VIDEO
How to Test a Wheel Speed Sensor | Wheel Speed Sensor Testing Methods | Abs Sensor Problem Symptoms

How to Replace Rear ABS Wheel Speed Sensors 2006-2009 Mercedes-Benz
1 to 2 hours work

Replacing a rear ABS sensor magnet ring on a Mercedes
4 to 6 hours work

Last edited:
OP
PrintOnANYTHING

PrintOnANYTHING

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 115 CDi 2004 W639
These are the faults that came up (more in the PDF attached). Some of the other issues ... doors/brakes are resolved but not cleared.

EGS electronic transmission control Fault |1
ESP-Electronic stability program Pass | No Fault
EGS electronic transmission control P2500 The transmission ratio is impermissible. Stored
EZS-Electronic ignition switch B1012 Central Locking (CL/ZV) : Play protection is activated. Stored (Event)
EZS-Electronic ignition switch B101A Implausible signals from the component 'B24/15. (Rotational speed and lateral acceleration sensor)' Stored
SAM-Signal acquisition and actuation module B1028-002 Component 'K40/9k7 (Circuit 15R relay)' is faulty.Short circuit to ground or open circuit Stored

The engineer didn't think it was the 'reluctor rings' but we are both not sure what some of these faults mean.

Attachments

• Mercedes-Vito-115CDI.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
OP
PrintOnANYTHING

PrintOnANYTHING

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 115 CDi 2004 W639
Hello and welcome,

I'd check the reluctor rings and wheel speed sensors are working as they should be - decent code reader is your friend
These are the faults that came up (more in the PDF attached). Some of the other issues ... doors/brakes are resolved but not cleared.

EGS electronic transmission control P2500 The transmission ratio is impermissible. Stored
EZS-Electronic ignition switch B1012 Central Locking (CL/ZV) : Play protection is activated. Stored (Event)
EZS-Electronic ignition switch B101A Implausible signals from the component 'B24/15. (Rotational speed and lateral acceleration sensor)' Stored
SAM-Signal acquisition and actuation module B1028-002 Component 'K40/9k7 (Circuit 15R relay)' is faulty.Short circuit to ground or open circuit Stored

The engineer didn't think it was the 'reluctor rings' but we are both not sure what some of these faults mean, any thoughts?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

The engineer didn't think it was the 'reluctor rings' but we are both not sure what some of these faults mean, any thoughts?
I'd clear them and see what comes back initially.

Live data of the wheel speed sensors on your diagnostic tool can be a good way of highlighting issues

I'm presuming battery is well charged (>12.4v Engine off)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom