s class air suspension

jeninsea

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S CLASS
Hi all ,, I have just replaced the seal in the air pump but the car still wont raise,i tested it off the car and it worked fine but as soon as I put it on the car again nothing happens,,ant help please

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
What model S class do you have.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi all ,, I have just replaced the seal in the air pump but the car still wont raise,i tested it off the car and it worked fine but as soon as I put it on the car again nothing happens,,ant help please

If you sort yours, will come up her & help MB Bolton with mine? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

_Taz_

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E63 6.3NA AMG Tenorite Estate MCT 7g
If the compressor works off the car, I can only hazard a guess that the system may have a leak downstream ?

Have you checked to see that you are getting air at each air strut ?

You can jack one corner at a time & disconnect the air line ( loosely ) to check for audible air escaping when the compressor fires up ?

BUT only do this for a short period, as the compressor may cut out on thermal overload.

HTH ;)

EDIT, are there any fault codes if you have access ? As It may need resetting, if you have star you can do a guided test / actuation to see if the compressor will fire up & raise a corner of the car at a time ?

Last edited:

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Is the compressor working/running when on the car...if not then first check will be the Electrical plug and the wires...then the relay.

OP
J

jeninsea

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S CLASS
air suspension

Thanks for reply,s but still no joy ,,firstly its a s class 320 cdi,,03 reg the front of the car has dropped ,I replaced the the seal in the air compressor fitted it back on car but it still wont rise up,,i don't know where the relay is to be found to check that,so if anyone can tell me the whereabouts of that I would be greatful..Also the car is draining the battery overnight,i have a code reader but when I plug it in it is,nt giving me any faults at all.About a month ago whilst driving the car I had complete failure of electrics,,such as window wipers stopped working,,no lights,indicators and the drivers seat moved back to the furthest position it could, all this happened whilst I was driving,,the next day things worked ok but that's when I started getting all these problems,,so if anyone can help,,,before I ditch the ****** thing somewhere I would be really greatful...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This car has a pressure block where the pressures can be checked, it the rear of the car is going up OK, then nothing wrong wit the pump.

Fault code readers cannot test for electrical drains, this requires a ammeter in series with the battery or a clamp meter. Plus if the car has not been driven much then the battery will need to be charged.

OP
J

jeninsea

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S CLASS
where do I find the relay to check to check the compressor,,i have a amp meter reader but have not found any faults????

OP
J

jeninsea

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S CLASS
how
do I check for the pressure block??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score