s class parktronic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidhuh

Reaction score
hi guys

annoying issue. gave car in for some bodywork to merc dealership. got it back and began driving and realised parktronic sensors werent working. thought it to be strange and realised it had been switched off (not by me so assume it had been done by merc). switched it on and got horrible noise and two red lights in visual sensors came on but not the yellow ones. as i got the car at 6, rang the guy on his mobile to vent my frustration but has anyone seen this before? also, when you give car in one state but something else is wrong when u get it back is it easy to show dealer at fault?

cheers in advance for any advice
harinder

guydewdney

Reaction score
Website
www.atct.co.uk
is there a chance that for the 'bodywork' work they had to remove the bumpers?

if so - there is a good chance they didn't conect the sensors back up.

check that the sensors work in reverse?

the red lights and horrible noise are a warning the system has gone down.

also - try re-setting by disconnecting the fuse for a few seconds (IIRC its in the boot on a 140)

sleepwalker

Reaction score
Website
www.dailyrotten.com
You can easily pry out that strip on the bumper where the PTS sensor is attached. Don't worry, it's only a soft plastic. Check if all of them was connected, if it is, then the main connector was not connected.
Was it the front or rear bumper?

sleepwalker

Reaction score
Website
www.dailyrotten.com
You can easily pry out that strip on the bumper where the PTS sensor is attached. Don't worry, it's only a soft plastic. Check if all of them was connected, if it is, then the main connector was not connected.
Was it the front or rear bumper?

OP
S

sidhuh

Reaction score
hi all

thanks for replies

no chance they needed to do anything to bumpers as it was work on rear arch (paint spray job due to scuffing/scratching)

car is new shape s class. read thru manual and it also stated that the noise would be due to a defective sensor. issue is that if i put car in reverse i get two sets of noise, in drive only one so its hard to tell which. fuse reset seems like good idea though so will look thru fuse menu sheet

what would be interesting though is proving that it did work before dealership touched it?

thanks again
harinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom