S212 Air suspension

frubpato

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 2010 250 cdi estate
i
Done a bit of searching on here and i think that my problem is leaking "airbags" but just wanted to check. the car goes down both sides at the same time sometimes over the space of a few hours sometimes (like last 2 weeks in an airport car park) it stays up. I cant work out if its is a mechanical or electronic problem . Could it be that if the suspension is partially loaded that the leak is sealed or is it that a sensor gives a "implausible" reading and the whole system deflates.
Anyone any experience - it is a 2011 E250 estate

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
The system on the 212 differs from the earlier 211. On the 211 if it sagged overnight it was always the bellows. On the 212 the switching is done at a common manifold, and leaks can occur there or from chafed pipes between. Strip off the plastic covers and arm yourself with a plant sprayer filled with water and a squirt of washing up liquid. If the pipework and plastic manifold are good it’ll be the bags, but be aware, chafed pipes are common on these

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
surely if the bags were at fault you would have constant behaviour of dropping all the time , no ?

OP
F

frubpato

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 2010 250 cdi estate
Thanks - yup that was my thinking , I will go with the block behind the rear bumper first and see if there are any issues - seems to be a very dangerous position in terms of parking taps etc . Luckily Aerosus don't seem to be that expensive and the self help on here looks comprehensive if it does go that way

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom