S320 cdi 2003 rust

williamuk21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s 320cdi 2003
Hi all had a few teething troubles with my first Mercedes but still really enjoying owning the car. The last problem was with the high pressure fuel pump leak which in the end turned out to be one of the hoses leaking so could have been much worse.
The car looks great but has some rust starting to show. I am having the wheel arches done tomorrow but the guy said he couldn't do anything about the rust which is starting around the bonnet badge ....well he said it would be a full bonnet spray and that would be a lot more expensive. Anyone else tackled this issue? Any advice appreciated as always.
Also thinking of tints.....any ideas? I live near Preston Lancs if anyone has any recommendations.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Rust is never an easy thing, when in the center of a large panel its worse and near impossible to do without it showing, this is partly because the paint that you buy is not the same as the factory paint, so any blending / fading etc is out

bigtwin

Banned
Reaction score
Just get a massive silver Staffs bull terrier and bolt that on the front instead?

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
At about ten years old the bonnet will, in addition to the badge related rust, be showing signs of stone chip damage.
My advice would be to get the job done properly, ie. including the whole bonnet, sometime during the next couple of years.......perhaps at a ''quiet'' financial period about nine months after a major service.

Mic

PS Actually.......probably the bonnet, front wings , front apron and side skirts.

Last edited:
OP
W

williamuk21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s 320cdi 2003
At about ten years old the bonnet will, in addition to the badge related rust, be showing signs of stone chip damage.
My advice would be to get the job done properly, ie. including the whole bonnet, sometime during the next couple of years.......perhaps at a ''quiet'' financial period about nine months after a major service.

Mic

PS Actually.......probably the bonnet, front wings , front apron and side skirts.
Ha Ha I think I have the answer, I'll have it all painted in a nice shade of rust......

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom