Sat nav / mapping issues

Deankav

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 avantgarde 2006 CDi S211
Hi everyone,joined here as it seems the place to find out everything Merc.
I have a S211 E320cdi 2006
After reading various threads on here & can not find my issue i pose this problem.
My Sat nav & mapping is telling me i am in another part of the country so after reading on here solutions im still with the same problem.
I have replaced the head unit and new gps areil but with no success,Please any other ideas .
The only thing i have not swapped out is the dvd nav unit in the boot,not sure if this has a bearing on the gps or is it purely a dvd unit for loading maps ect.
Thanks Guys Dean

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Hi everyone,joined here as it seems the place to find out everything Merc.
I have a S211 E320cdi 2006
After reading various threads on here & can not find my issue i pose this problem.
My Sat nav & mapping is telling me i am in another part of the country so after reading on here solutions im still with the same problem.
I have replaced the head unit and new gps areil but with no success,Please any other ideas .
The only thing i have not swapped out is the dvd nav unit in the boot,not sure if this has a bearing on the gps or is it purely a dvd unit for loading maps ect.
Thanks Guys Dean
The DVD unit in the boot is your navigation processor too. Its almost certainly the gps antenna that plugged into the back of this.

Replace it with a decent (genuine) one for £75. Power cycle the nav drive and then wait for about 15 minutes with the gps antenna able to see the sky. When its found 4 or more satellites, drive the car over 20mph and the position will update.

We offer an all in fix for the antenna. Email me at sales@comandonline.co.uk with your vin number.

OP
D

Deankav

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 avantgarde 2006 CDi S211
Cheers Alfie,
First is the £75 for the antenna of the drive unit also what's the power down process.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom