Sat nav

stevej138

New Registration
Reaction score
i have recently purchased a mercedes c class sport cdi which i am very happy with apart from the sat nav which i am finding infuriating and am considering going back to my old garmin which i found a lot simpler.
the maps are very good and easy to see but i am finding programming very difficult.
i go to add a postcode and the sat nave won't allow me to put the last letters in and just gives me the town and then gives me a list of street names which if you only have the post code isn't a lot of good.
i feel sure i am doing somthing wrong and have read the handbook but don't seem to get much out of it.
hope somone can help me
s.garton

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
i have recently purchased a mercedes c class sport cdi which i am very happy with apart from the sat nav which i am finding infuriating and am considering going back to my old garmin which i found a lot simpler.
the maps are very good and easy to see but i am finding programming very difficult.
i go to add a postcode and the sat nave won't allow me to put the last letters in and just gives me the town and then gives me a list of street names which if you only have the post code isn't a lot of good.
i feel sure i am doing somthing wrong and have read the handbook but don't seem to get much out of it.
hope somone can help me
s.garton

Hello and welcome.

Should've bought a Tom Tom - :D

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Only the very latest Comand systems have 7 digit post code search, previous versions don't and you need to view the map or put the street in. Once you are used to the entry method you should be able to get there as fast as Garmin or Tom Tom without any trailing wires...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome to the forum Steve:D

The comands do not accept a full post code, but I find it no problem, sure you enter the 4 or 5 digits depending on the disc that you have, then it gives you the list of roads in that code area. One normally knows the name of the road the you are driving to and it is simple to enter that road..

The navigation part is good and is real time, and the when to turn commands are exact. there is nothing worse than a system that says turn left in 100 feet when you are sitting on 2 rounder bouts in stop start traffic.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
As above. The snag with a need for road names is when you are visiting a science park or university campus.

I tend to look up the post code on the PC before departure, which gives a good idea of the topography and allows you to choose a road name.

There seems to be no limit to the memory, so once you have been somewhere it will always take you back there from wherever you may be without further problems.

Hope you enjoy your C Class Sport and welcome to the Forum.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
As above. The snag with a need for road names is when you are visiting a science park or university campus.

I tend to look up the post code on the PC before departure, which gives a good idea of the topography and allows you to choose a road name.

There seems to be no limit to the memory, so once you have been somewhere it will always take you back there from wherever you may be without further problems.

Hope you enjoy your C Class Sport and welcome to the Forum.

That is a good idea Alex,,I did this for the meet at Burton, and so much easier. Mind you,, you get around as fast as anyone when you drive a car without satnav.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
That is a good idea Alex,,I did this for the meet at Burton, and so much easier. Mind you,, you get around as fast as anyone when you drive a car without satnav.

Good point. Sadly, the first thing that people will do when lost is speed up! They may not know where they are going, but they are sure going to get there fast!

Jo&Steve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 C320, 2005 L200 Animal
Our C320 has a satnav in which doesn;t have a postcode option, just town and street as mentioned above. Can this be upgraded with a new CD rom or is the postcode option on newer satnav units?
Thanks, Steve

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
They all have this option from the numbers along the bottom of the screen where you start from, and you use them with the letters.'

There is no separate post code entry,,just the one one where you start from

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom