Seat change

Martin blackett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class W169 1.5 2007 2006 2005
Hi all
Hope someone can advise .W169 A class
Is it possible to remove my fabric seat cover and replace with leather .
I have chance to buy an electric seat but unsure how easy oe covers are to remove and refit. Other than that. Can the electric leather seat be unbolted from its frame and somehow fixed onto a manual seat frame.
I can’t fit the electric seat in my car as it was made for manual seats. Or again how easy would it be to wire up a supply to power the seat ?
Thanks.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
I dont see why you cant replace the sear covers provided the seat itself is the same.

A simple unbolting and replacing the entire seat will be most easiest, but that you can only determine by looking at abd comparing the seat rails.

As to using the electric seats in your current car, you need to check of the looms are present, which I doubt, look under you existing seat. MB dont usually prewire for non installed options as thats money down the drain for them in making looms they wont get money for.

OP
M

Martin blackett

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class W169 1.5 2007 2006 2005
Thanks for that. I didn’t know how easy it was to remove factory covers and then replace.
I was hoping someone on here knows if the seats can unbolt from the framework to make job easier. I know wiring isn’t installed but wondered if I could make a circuit to power the motors myself. Surely it’s only a supply and earth via a relay

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom