Seat Problems in '84 300TDI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumar

Reaction score
Just bought a beautiful '84 300TDI station wagon, and everything is mint but the front seats appear to have been a little too used.  My girlfriend, when driving, got a stiff neck and back from the side closest to the door sagging.  This is the case in the passenger seat too.  I am new to the world of Mercedes, but it seems like this would be a common problem, seeing as these cars last so darn :) long.  I mean, something has to wear out...  Any ideas?

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Hi Kumar,

Your vehicle will require a new seat frame. They are I think about £145.00. I know what your thinking. I will get one from the breakers. Trouble is most of them are in the same condition.

Good luck
Andy @www.mercedesservicing.com

andyk

Reaction score
Website
www.supanet.com
Hi Kumar
i have the same problem with an 84 240td but have found a supplier of seats from around £65 (used) also it is possable to convert a passenger seat in to a drivers seat, as it is the drivers seat that gets the most wear
try mercedes benz parts 01706 221120
www.mercedesusedparts.co.uk
good luck
andyk  

Reaction score
I had the seat frame replaced in my 190E earlier this year, but I still find it difficult to stand/walk after an hour or more in the driver's seat! The problem, I suspect is that the backrest is concave and offers absolutely no lumbar support whatsoever. I don't know if this is the case for other models, but the frame did me no good at all - the only solution I can see is to send the original seats back to the medieval torture chamber from whence they came and replace them with new Recaro seats!

Reaction score
Was in UK at weekend and found that Halfords do a very nice adjustable lumbar support (STG£29.99). Fits 190 perfectly - don't know about other Merc seats. This in addition to my new seat frame and bad back gone! Great!.

I'll have to find something else to whinge about now   ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom