Secondhand vehicles with towing use

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
The forum is running so slow Mike that often we think it’s not posting so click on post again....then we get it twice and sometimes more! It has been reported by Cole to admin

I have found it very slow sometimes that it times out before log in has completed

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
The forum is running so slow Mike that often we think it’s not posting so click on post again....then we get it twice and sometimes more! It has been reported by Cole to admin

its not just that we think it hasn't posted. it doesn't show up on screen either. it took me 10 mins to get a post on screen earlier.

I used to delete duplicate posts I had, but now I don't bother so that whoever maintains the site can see if theres a pattern to timings or traffic when the issues occur. things seemed to improve for a day or 2 but now it seems worse than ever.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
We have a modern 13-pin socket on our car, plus an adapter to change it to the old 2 x 7 pin sockets to match our old caravan. The S212 makes a totally effortless tow car in our (350CDI) experience.

OP
M

Mike2018

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
Does the ball look knarled, have caravan stabiliser grip marks? covered in grease/oil, or rusty?
Only got the photos to go by, but it appears to just have worn paint rather than gouges.

media

media

media

upload_2018-2-13_16-22-47.png

but overall the car is clean and tidy, and it has, they say,full MB service history. Mind you, they also say "full leather".o_O

I know it's a reasonably well screwed-together car :D, but I've always had a downer on tow-cars. But then I've never looked at ones like this, which is why I thought I'd ask if my usual caution was excessive.

Seems like unless the owner used to take it swimming I should have no real worries.

You've all been very helpful and friendly - thank you.

Mike

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Looks very decent Mike, whether or not it’s just in my mind you can decide but I’m always comforted when I see decent make tyres on a car- seems it’s been cared about somehow

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Detachable tow bar, which is similar to ours - very handy. Not sure why that socket is dangling like that though. Doesn't look right.

Top Bottom