Service code help

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERCEDES C-CLASS C 220 D AMG LINE / 2017 / OM651.921
Hello guys,

I have checked the assyst plus service codes and it shows service 01, 03, 08, 11.
Wouldnt these codes come under service 'B' as codes relate to engine oil & filter, air filter, fuel filter which is pretty much a full service, yet my dash is stating "service A3" due.
I thought service A was just an oil and filter change?
Is it possible to do just an oil and filter change and just reset the oil and filter code?

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Yes.

The air and fuel filter get changed at varying times on the benz. Years ago a service would include everything. Not no more I'm afraid.

You can pretty much reset all the codes . Whether it's been done or not ...

OP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm currently on 20k miles but vehicle is now 3 years old and so the fuel filter / air filter service codes (service 8 + 11).
How do most people go about service intervals on here? Do people stick with time or distance?

Also any idea why my vehicle is stating service A3 due? should it not be A2 if mercedes alternate between service A & B each year?
1st year - service A1 - 2018 = carried out by mercedes
2nd year - service B1 - 2019 = prior to my purchase and no DSB record. invoice states oil&filter, tyres, brake pads.
3rd year - service A2 - 2020 = ??? vehicle is stating service A3 due???

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I'm currently on 20k miles but vehicle is now 3 years old and so the fuel filter / air filter service codes (service 8 + 11).
How do most people go about service intervals on here? Do people stick with time or distance?

I go on the dash and keep to the indicated service intervals

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
I change my oil and filter myself around 7000 miles . I'd opt for distance as oil wont degrade sitting in a sump.

OP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Anyone know how to use the SecCode? I have been given one by mercedes which said it will take around 48hours to activate.
When i go on the merc portal and click DSB, another page loads just giving me my model, reg and VIN. Theres nothing else or any option to click on anything or add SecCode.

OP

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you put the car details in here it will tell you what is needed, and make sure you click on "Extras"

https://www.mymercedesservice.co.uk/#/your-vehicle

I asked mercedes for service history for my car and they emailed the paperwork of the history info they could provide.
Mileage on service paperwork was on around 6k miles. However, on the link you just provided, it states "last recorded mileage 9k". Does this mean it may have been serviced outside of dealer but by someone who had access to add the service digitally? I cant seem to add the SecCode anywhere to check my digital history.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I asked mercedes for service history for my car and they emailed the paperwork of the history info they could provide.
Mileage on service paperwork was on around 6k miles. However, on the link you just provided, it states "last recorded mileage 9k". Does this mean it may have been serviced outside of dealer but by someone who had access to add the service digitally? I cant seem to add the SecCode anywhere to check my digital history.

It should tell you what is needed on the next service unless the DSB has not been updated then you will really need to go to an indy and see what it needs.

If MB gave you the service history they you should know when it last saw an MB dealer or had it's records updated

Last edited:
Top Bottom