Service history database?

sherry

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know if it is possible to check a Mercedes van/car service history through a dealer or other means and get a print off of the information? I have misplaced my service book and would like to have this info when selling on. Cheers.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The dealer that did the work or service usually will, work done before you owned the car probably will not be given out

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
The dealer that did the work or service usually will, work done before you owned the car probably will not be given out

Nah, MB gave me the SH of my car before I bought it. They had no service booklet so I asked re its SH otherwise no sale. They gave me a print out of warranty work + services done inc time and date, just like a real FSH.

BMW will do the same, and its advisable when you're looking for a used car to ask for a warranty history to tell if its a dud or not. Before I bought my X5 I knew it had a new windscreen @ 11k miles as the mirror fell off and it was replaced FOC.

OP
S

sherry

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply, did you just call a MB dealer/service centre for the information, also, can you get it from any MB dealer i.e not the place where it was serviced?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We seem to have conflicting replies,,service will be given out, History will not always be, its up tom the dealer, I could not get anything about mine, but I do have the service book

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
We seem to have conflicting replies,,service will be given out, History will not always be, its up tom the dealer, I could not get anything about mine, but I do have the service book

They're probably more forthcoming if you are looking to buy and they have no service book....

If the car has been @ MB Indies and there is no service booklet an electronic service history will be hard to come by.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Also if more has been done to a car than they want you to know, could be a reason to hold back

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Also if more has been done to a car than they want you to know, could be a reason to hold back

You should ask to see a computer print and sight of the screen they are printing. The salesman had no difficulty in doing this for me. If they hold back on you, don't buy the car.

Pontoneer

Banned
Reaction score
When I bought my 300TE-24 , from a breakers' yard on a 'spares or repairs' basis , I got no service book , but on contacting the one previous owner I was told it had always been serviced at MB Glasgow .

Next time I was in ordering parts , I asked about service history , and they were happy to print off the 17 years of it which ran to several pages , from the original PDI to the last service 3 months before I bought the car . Warranty work was also included as was the figment of a new engine under the goodwill scheme at 380,000 miles showing the invoice for just under six grand ( don't know what the full cost of a new M104 would have been ! ) .

No fuss , no questions : they knew I owned the car now ( I was in with the V5 ordering keys ) and were happy to provide the information on their system , and a lot more verbally as the car was well known to them .

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom