Service/workshop manual ?? GLC63

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I wondered if anyone knows of a workshop manual available for the AMG GLC63 (4.0 V8)?
I normally buy a Haynes manual but these don't appear to be available.
Is it risky business buying a downloaded version from ebay? Will they steal my cars vin for example?

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
Define 'messing'?
You have no information regarding my skillset other than an assumption based upon your own capabilities I assume?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Most of the stuff is online WIS only available through subscription, not aware of any DIY manuals sorry

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I’ve found the wis software now thanks. I’m having very little success with the service departments at my two local Merc dealerships. It’s seems impossible to speak to a tech quickly for any advice or info about the car or service schedule or parts etc. They won’t give out any info at all, such as oil quantity/wheel nuts torque/fuse locations etc.
I’ve never encountered this before.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
They simply want you to hand the car to them as “they know best” :eek:

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah I get that impression.
I’m purchasing star/xentry.
Make sure if your buying a copy it covers you car year, also that it’s a full copy, some like to leave little bits out of the files then end up not doing everything you need

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
Yeah, cheers Matt.
It looks like I’ll have to spend around £600 to get a legit software package and all the kit required (xentry/multiplexer/cables).
It’s a hard one as eBay seems the only place to buy and I don’t have an eBay account (I don’t like the silent/no contact platform). Lots of nasty cheapnese on there too.
I have no intention of selling the Merc and most likely will buy another as I like the brand, so I expect I’ll get my money back in the long run when I’m out of warranty and want to perform my own maintenance.

I’ll also need this to Remove the limiter and enable a top speed of 187mph (hopefully). I have a personal goal set of driving 200mph in a car so this will start the ball rolling.
Not sure if the Merc even would though. I very very nearly bought an R8 and these can reach 200.

Last edited:

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
You want to do 200mph in a car shaped like a brick :eek:. If you manage to do it and live don't forget to video the experience.

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
;)Indeed
I’ve managed 184mph on a sweeping bend on my Honda blackbird, but quickest I’ve been in a car is just past 160 and that was a straight line.
I’ll try a speed dome for the 200.

I’m booked for Nurburgring next year so shall see what top speeds people achieved on the straights in non-supercars. That are also shaped like a garden shed:geek:

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
;)Indeed
I’ve managed 184mph on a sweeping bend on my Honda blackbird, but quickest I’ve been in a car is just past 160 and that was a straight line.
I’ll try a speed dome for the 200.

I’m booked for Nurburgring next year so shall see what top speeds people achieved on the straights in non-supercars. That are also shaped like a garden shed:geek:
Not very much in reality as you have to stop for the queue for the barrier :(

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
How long is the average wait before you get on ?
I’ve been told you have the advised option of track repair/recovery insurance for around 350 quid?
Is it worth the drive?

Jason63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMG
I don't think you can remove the speed limiter with Xentry. There is a speed limit field that can be modified but it has a maximum value of 250kph (155mph). It's useful on vans and the like but not on the 63's.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Try getting yourself to one of the VMax events that are run, I’m afraid I can’t remember the good ones but @daveenty has been to a few and can probably say which are worth going and which are worth missing,

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
How long is the average wait before you get on ?
I’ve been told you have the advised option of track repair/recovery insurance for around 350 quid?
Is it worth the drive?
Depends if there’s been an accident before you get on... I didn’t have extra insurance although if you’re planning on pushing it hard then probably recommended... I saw a very trick mini go straight past me then crash at the next bend... I was planning on driving home in the 911 so wasn’t pushing it that hard.
There is always someone faster than you at the ring and usually in a car that wouldn’t look out of place on the school run. Lots of sleepers... that like to hunt 911’s and other exotica.
I did a couple of laps then had to wait for the accident(s) to be cleared then did another couple both of which I had to go slow on to go past other accidents.

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I’m envious already.
Is your 911 awd? You must have deep pockets or nerves of steel like batfink.

I don’t think the car actually matters as much as knowing the track does. I’ve watched a video on YouTube of an instructor using a vw-up passing Ferrari etc etc as he knows exactly where to brake and where to carry speed (also he has skills).

A lad I’ve met said there are lots of accidents and you’re often slowed down. Using a bike would be a good shout, but it’s a long way to ride and I don’t fancy getting cleaned up by a hero with stickers on their doors.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I’m envious already.
Is your 911 awd? You must have deep pockets or nerves of steel like batfink.

I don’t think the car actually matters as much as knowing the track does. I’ve watched a video on YouTube of an instructor using a vw-up passing Ferrari etc etc as he knows exactly where to brake and where to carry speed (also he has skills).

A lad I’ve met said there are lots of accidents and you’re often slowed down. Using a bike would be a good shout, but it’s a long way to ride and I don’t fancy getting cleaned up by a hero with stickers on their doors.
2 Wheel drive, 4x4 is for off-road :rolleyes:
I'd not been keen to take a bike (although I have R1200GSA...) :cool:
Surface is "interesting" in places and fluid leaks from previous crashes are to be wary of. You also have to play close attention to the rear view mirror and keep right whilst concentrating on the road ahead which is plenty enough in a car.
I've a friend who races 2CV's and regularly goes past super cars in the bends (he's learning about 45' when he does it...:p)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
If you want to do the V Max events and pass 200 then speak to Acid at MSL who is a regular with various bits of kit (including the supercharged C63 BS). Acid can give you the remaps and other mods you will need, even a stage 1 will get your limiter removed.
My E63 with only a stage 1 was running 704 BHP but I never got to an event to test it. I was more interested in mid range and torque which was astounding!

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I’ve a friend who races 2CV's and regularly goes past super cars in the bends (he's learning about 45' when he does it...:p)

-goes to show it’s not the car it’s the driver.
I’ve lapped some big power cars in a n/a car OJ my last track day.
One of those drivers of those expensive cars was telling me what brake pads to have and what tyres he had were betters blah blah blah. I had pilot sport 2 tyres by the way:)

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom