Short Term Car Lease Insurance

Keep Schtum

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLE 300d AMG Line - New Shape
I've signed up for a Mercedes Short Term Car Lease - But I'm really struggling to get cover.

Its a 9 month contract and I've got 3 points on my licence, the car isn't anything to fancy just a Mercedes C200 AMG Line Coupe but my current insurance won't have any of it and said that it needs a tracker. The leasing company doesn't tracker its cars, and bit loathed to pay out for a tracker on a car for 9 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

Keep Schtum

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
look at a cheaper lease car pal , cant see any other way round it after reading that ?
I spoke to the lease company yesterday, they are fitting one for £100 and 35p per day, happy days! I can't wait

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
A tracker on a C200 seems a bit over the top by the insurance company.

OP
K

Keep Schtum

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A tracker on a C200 seems a bit over the top by the insurance company.
apparently its because of the keyless system, more and more are getting stolen. thats what my broker said.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
apparently its because of the keyless system, more and more are getting stolen. thats what my broker said.
Gotcha, i was forgetting how easy it is to steal modern cars these days :(

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom