Should I get the A250 AMG?

JC88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A250 AMG (potentially)
Good Morning

This is my first post on the forum and I am currently looking at the A250 AMG, amongst the Audi S3 Golf R and Seat Leon Cupra.

My current Car is a Mini Cooper S which is coming to the end of its contract and out of all the cars I have to say I have enjoyed driving the A250 the most. I need to upgrade to something bigger than the mini but still a sporty petrol with a bit of poke (this is important to me as I don't tend to drive alot of miles but do enjoy driving).

The A250 is not the cheapest of the bunch and I have never had a Mercedes before so it would be nice to have some reassurance from people on here that this is the right decision.... or I stick to what I know and buy another Audi/Golf!!

Thanks

JC

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
If you like it buy it.

Be aware that AMG is just a trim level, not a mechanical upgrade.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
As Naraic really.
The direct comparison to the S3 and Golf R would be A45AMG....

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
As Naraic and LK, A45 AMG will do the job for you, the 250 will be dull against the R or S3

OP
J

JC88

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A250 AMG (potentially)
Thanks guys,

I started the thread I guess because Tbh I couldn’t find an offer on the a45 in my budget. I have driven the a250 AMG trim and can live with the fact it’s not as quick as my other options but does live up to the hype of being a sporty car which is stylish in the long term.

As I said I’ve never owned a Mercedes so would be good to hear from other people who own this model or similar to give me some confidence it’s the right move.

If I could afford it would love to go for the a45!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom