Six months Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdown

Reaction score
Bought my 2 year old CLK 320 6 months ago from a 'reputable' private dealer and have had a letter advising it now needs a 6 month oil change and a safety check to maintain warranty. It still show 4,000 to go to two spanners on the service indicator. Is this the norm? total miles 13k and it had a service 1 at 6500.

thanks

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
This may be a requirement of an aftermarket warranty but not the MB one.
AFAIK all MB cars now need a service only when the ASSYST says it's ready. This will be on mileage or time. Time is 2 Years maximum.

Aletank

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 Mercedes C180k Avantgarde SE Sport Auto
I think I remember a guy in work having a similar request from a warranty company.
He bought a BMW from a smallish dealer and must of got a similar letter from the warranty company stating his car must be serviced twice a year etc like yours has.
I think he phoned them up and said his car gets serviced according to the manufacturer's recommendations & intervals etc and that should be good enough for you.
Give them a ring and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom