SL 280

Status
Not open for further replies.

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
I agree that a spray would be more accurate than pouring a flammable substance in the hope that it would clean.....

OP
T

The Sat Diver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Black 07 CLS AMG 6.3 and Audi Q7 previously a Blue 1998 SL280 and 1994 SL500 plus a Chipped CL500
Oh.. one thing I forgot to mention.. if the window is all the way up in it's correct position when i'm driving along the road.. and I suddenly hit a bump the window drops those few millimeters and I then have to actually open the door and slam it shut again

This happens quite often and when your trundling down a busy motorway opening and closing the door to re-close the window is a little disconcerting to say the least !!

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
Are you sure it's the electrics or have the teeth gone on the mechanism? Without seeing it I cant give you an absolute answer, it's best you get it checked by an indie.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I agree that a spray would be more accurate than pouring a flammable substance in the hope that it would clean.....

You are talking silly again,it is not that flammable, and again you cannot get a spray anywhere near it, one could alawys disconnect the battery as you should do any way when working on electrics.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Are you sure it's the electrics or have the teeth gone on the mechanism? Without seeing it I cant give you an absolute answer, it's best you get it checked by an indie.

Please stop talking about what you do not know, its nothing to do with any teeth missing or worn.

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
Malcolm we've been over this already, you use the correct tool or cleaner for the job. Why not use a sweeping brush to clean your teeth, after all they're both brushes? No?

Your experience is not EVERYONE'S experience, I'd like to leave it to the experts i.e. a qualified auto electrician.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oh.. one thing I forgot to mention.. if the window is all the way up in it's correct position when i'm driving along the road.. and I suddenly hit a bump the window drops those few millimeters and I then have to actually open the door and slam it shut again

This happens quite often and when your trundling down a busy motorway opening and closing the door to re-close the window is a little disconcerting to say the least !!

This is a subject that you will find no information on, it was never put into WIS. I do not think there is an indie out there that would know what to do, it was asked on here years ago but never an answer, well you can tell one that there is this micro switch, it is the action of the lock when closed that closes the window only on post 1996 cars.

I only discovered it on my 140 that has 2 micro switches, the extra one for the soft closing.

These micro switches are made to a ISO standard and are replaceable in some cases, but they are riveted on and must be drilled to get them off.

They can be re fitted with nuts and bolts, I might be able to supply some if it came to it, even a switch as I have a huge stock of them.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malcolm we've been over this already, you use the correct tool or cleaner for the job. Why not use a sweeping brush to clean your teeth, after all they're both brushes? No?

Your experience is not EVERYONE'S experience, I'd like to leave it to the experts i.e. a qualified auto electrician.

I can assure you that you are talking your usual rubbish any solvent that can clean without any harm is the correct thing if it works.

And to sum up I think i know without being big headed that my background goes far beyond any auto electrician,,:D:D

Again its often lighter fuel or buy a new lock for £500

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Guys play nicely :D

This NW merc is still upsetting my post just as before when he was posting under his other names, Why not warn him again

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
This is a subject that you will find no information on, it was never put into WIS. I do not think there is an indie out there that would know what to do,

You wanna place money on that ????

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
This NW merc is still upsetting my post just as before when he was posting under his other names, Why not warn him again

It's how YOU react to his posts Malc that's causing the problems. Just ignore him if feel that way!

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You wanna place money on that ????

Well you have never answered when other members have asked, its easy once i have said where the switch is

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Sorry, unless you start playing nicely as Sarah has suggested, this thread will close and some people will be taking a rest.

NWMerc gave advice...if you don't agree with it, says so in a gentlemanly way...not this puerile nonsensical way.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Well you have never answered when other members have asked, its easy once i have said where the switch is

I work full time, i dont have the time to sit here and play god all of the time, i know a lot more than i have ever posted on here, its my job!! its what i do every day of every week, sorry if i dont find the time to fit the odd hundred posts in a day but i am working on the cars and doing the jobs, not on here TALKING about it.........

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I hope the OP now knows what to do.

Over and out.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry, unless you start playing nicely as Sarah has suggested, this thread will close and some people will be taking a rest.

NWMerc gave advice...if you don't agree with it, says so in a gentlemanly way...not this puerile nonsensical way.

He gave advice :shock::shock:,,,you can read and so much wrong,suggesting that I know nothing, he knows nothing on the subject,,, is it not as the SGOI thread again,,,

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
He gave advice :shock::shock:,,,you can read and so much wrong,suggesting that I know nothing, he knows nothing on the subject,,, is it not as the SGOI thread again,,,

You called him "silly"...anyone would react to that...you most of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom