sl 55 boot leak

theniks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl55 amg
Hi new to the forum lots of questions first one is... boot leak i have read television has some details on it!! is it possible to find out,
thanks

Devonian

Reaction score
Plenty of good write ups on this. Just search for R 230 boot leak

B

brick10

R230 Boot Leak?

Hi Guys
Picking up my R230 on Wednesday, boot has been inspected for water ingress and no sign of dampness - bone dry, however, my first job for me will be to treat all rubber seals with gummi pflege, so hopefully prevention is better than cure, but at least my car will be garaged at all times and not used as a daily car.
Brick10

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
Hi Guys
Picking up my R230 on Wednesday, boot has been inspected for water ingress and no sign of dampness - bone dry, however, my first job for me will be to treat all rubber seals with gummi pflege, so hopefully prevention is better than cure, but at least my car will be garaged at all times and not used as a daily car.
Brick10

Such a waste ..sigh.... It's a gorgeous everyday car ;)

OP
T

theniks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl55 amg
Thanks for the pics ill have a go at it soon, fingers crossed
How much would you charge !!!

orb the Impaler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 SLK 250 CDi AMG | Volvo V70 2.5T AWD | MV Agusta F4 | 1999 YZF-R1
Hi Guys
Brick10

Best option, I think.

I never had a water leak problem with my boot (astonishingly) but the car was always garaged, even during the day in summer (many trees = sap).

I felt really bad when the guy that bought it called me and asked if it had ever been a problem - which it hadn't - as he didn't garage it and the boot had filled with water. :(

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom