SL or SLK?

Mrtibbs

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 Estate 2005
OK all, so if I were fortunate enough to persuade my wife to go for an SL (and it would have to be a not to expensive one...:cry:), which would you guys recommend? Would you advise a 300SL 24 Valve 1993 vintage or a 320SL V6 1998 vintage?
There is a difference in price but I am a bit novice with these cars and do not really know which one would (usually) provide the best investment (if there is such a thing nowadays....) or value for money.
Regarding maintenance, it would be looked after by a local indie and some work myself but nothing to major ;)
Looking forward to hearing your comments :)
TIA

Keith

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
OK all, so if I were fortunate enough to persuade my wife to go for an SL (and it would have to be a not to expensive one...:cry:), which would you guys recommend? Would you advise a 300SL 24 Valve 1993 vintage or a 320SL V6 1998 vintage?
There is a difference in price but I am a bit novice with these cars and do not really know which one would (usually) provide the best investment (if there is such a thing nowadays....) or value for money.
Regarding maintenance, it would be looked after by a local indie and some work myself but nothing to major ;)
Looking forward to hearing your comments :)
TIA

Keith

Tbh I would just go for which version you think looks better,the launch model or the facelift.

I don't like the facelift much..far to soft and curvy for my liking but then the facelift will be better equipped and will be a little bit livelier.

Just go with your instict.

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
SL. A mans car. SLK a womans car.

Be a man :mrgreen:

Try an SL60amg (129) and that will rid you of your femine side for good.

ST, I think we've had a conversation along these lines on a previous occassion, haven't we? :roll:

roscoc180, go for it, you know you want to. :lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
ST, I think we've had a conversation along these lines on a previous occassion, haven't we? :roll:

roscoc180, go for it, you know you want to. :lol:

Rosco will go for the 500, and why not

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom