SL300 R129 Wiper stalk question

T

theboiler

Hi all, I am hoping someone knows if a 1991 SL300 wiper/light stalk combination switch is the same as other mercedes of the same years? e.g 190? Mines failed and mercedes price is expensive :( so hoping to get a second hand one. Thanks in advance. Steve

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
They are nothing like the same, and not inter changable.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the one that you have. What was the fault

OP
T

theboiler

Thanks Malcolm, the intermittent works when it wants to and stops anywhere, on slow speed nothing and fast seems ok??

Dave Brooker

Reaction score
OP
T

theboiler

Yep thanks guys the switch after checking was ok, seems to be the relay thing under the bonnet. I will see if I can get one, thanks for your help....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yep thanks guys the switch after checking was ok, seems to be the relay thing under the bonnet. I will see if I can get one, thanks for your help....

You could have it checked over and re soldered

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom