1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SL350 BRAKES

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering & Brakes' started by MBGB, Jul 9, 2020.

1. OP
    MBGB

MBGB Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL 350 2011 & ML 350 2014 AMG SPORT
    Kiwi,
    I think they are now looking at that as well.........incredible!

2. OP
    MBGB

MBGB Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Update 3rd week without the SL350

They have now tried 3 x SBC units which all rectify the issues with all the lights coming up and the ABS absolutely useless, except one............they can't get the ESP light to go off.
    Their "Top" mechanic has now applied for a brand new unit from Germany as he thinks its a voltage issue as one of the so called reverbished SBC units was'nt running at the correct voltage.
    Getting a tad fed up now, but they keep giving me a new AMG each week to drive!!

3. matthew k

matthew k Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2005 320 cdi Sport 7 seat estate
    I'd make that their last chance, if they can't get it sorted get a refund and take the car to Jonny SBC.

He's a car electrical genius, and not just with SBC systems. Sorted out an acquaintances W212 with a really weird O2 sensor problem that wasn't the sensor.

Wighty likes this.
  4. OP
    MBGB

MBGB Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Matthew,
    Have you got his dets please, as I do have someone local, but he is always swamped sorting out Mercs. Doesn't look great for the training of these lads. Last time it went to the head UK trainer at Milton Keynes to sort it, and he found a voltage drop on a similar problem..........the car is brilliant when its going, but when it plays up its not only too complicated but very expensive lol

5. NJS5

NJS5 Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    2011 Mercedes-Benz SL350 (R230 Facelift)
  6. Naraic

Naraic Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    2005 CL500.
    But not a real AMG.

7. OP
    MBGB

MBGB Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Update:

New SBC unit arrived from Germany, the ESP light is still on.
    I gave the guys the UK trainers name at MK and left them to talk to him for his views. I believe, and have always believed its a voltage problem, so I await the next phase of this ongoing saga

LostKiwi likes this.
  8. OP
    MBGB

MBGB Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Ok.................I got a call today, admitting they had been using a previous chasis number of a same model car I had owned on file with a personalised number plate, to obtain the three trial refurbished SBC units and the probable cause of the ESP light not wanting to play.
    Having got three units in and tried and failed, then getting a new unit in from Germany and failed, they then started to check the job card via the expert on line.
    The mechanic clearly up till then relied on the service department to provide the correct info and from that "written" down info the parts manager ordered the parts...............wrong as they were.
    Blimey you couldn't make it up.
    All of this flagged up by the head Merc trainer at MK.............tad embarassing as Germany won't take the brand new unit back either!! Lessons learnt there, and very brave of them to own up, but I still don't have my car..............next installment soon!!

matthew k, Wighty and LostKiwi like this.
  9. Wighty

Wighty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
    Mother of God that’s a stunning example of incompetence :eek::eek::eek: . You need a good Indy buddy

matthew k likes this.
  10. matthew k

matthew k Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2005 320 cdi Sport 7 seat estate
    Gosh, that's crazy!!! Agree it's reassuring they've not tried to bullxxxt their way out of it. Sounds like you'll be good to go soon.