Sl500 (r230) Fuses

dewimerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 - 2013
Does anyone know which fuse controls the central locking on the SL500 (R230)

Apparently there is a diagram in the boot but I can’t open the boot or petrol flap due to the faulty PSE pump which keeps blowing the fuse.

If I replace the fuse I may be able to open the fuel filler flap and top up with petrol as a temporary measure until the PSE pump is replaced.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Central locking fuses are F9-26-38-41-57-71

You must have water getting into the boot I think, is the foam cover very wet?

You small key will release the boot lid

OP
D

dewimerc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350 - 2013
Thanks for the info.

You're right in thinking that the leaking boot has caused the PSE pump problem.

It's disgusting that MB are not willing to replace the faulty rubber seals as this is an inherent defect with the design of the car.

Local dealer has quoted £3,050 for replacing the rubber seals.

Might be cheaper to build a garage.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks for the info.

You're right in thinking that the leaking boot has caused the PSE pump problem.

It's disgusting that MB are not willing to replace the faulty rubber seals as this is an inherent defect with the design of the car.

Local dealer has quoted £3,050 for replacing the rubber seals.

Might be cheaper to build a garage.

There are plenty of things that you can do to help stop the water, and we can deal with that later.

One thing is that the PSE pump may dry out and be OK.

On the early cars this sits under the roof pump, and reversed on later cars (03)

Lift the roof pump to one side, and lift the foam off the pump and use a warm air gun to try and dry it off. If the pump is put back on a non absorbent base about 5mm thick, this will keep water from the boot floor away. some water runs down the cables going to the pump, this can be dealt with as above

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom