Sl55 AMG 2003 key fob issue and consumer unit off line

Plecto91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sl55
I am having problems with my key not being seen by the car. I have confirmed the ir is working and have replaced the battery. I have no doubt this is related to water ingress and was wondering if anyone has a technical manual so I can do some voltage checks as I think the moisture ingress is pulling voltage down.. correct me if I’m wrong but could really do with some pointers.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Is this with the locking, unlocking, ignition or all… water in the passenger footwell from a blocked windscreen scuttle. The outlet is behind the passenger front wheel liner.
iirc the Canbus is 5 volt.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Is this with the locking, unlocking, ignition or all… water in the passenger footwell from a blocked windscreen scuttle. The outlet is behind the passenger front wheel liner.
iirc the Canbus is 5 volt.

If it has keyless go, it throws up a message on the dash, if the key is out of range, or the battery is weak. Mine used to do this, sometimes. Might just need a new key fob, or try the spare fob. The earlier cars (2002/03) used a fob, not a key IIRC. From 2004 they moved to a key.

Last edited:

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I am having problems with my key not being seen by the car. I have confirmed the ir is working and have replaced the battery. I have no doubt this is related to water ingress and was wondering if anyone has a technical manual so I can do some voltage checks as I think the moisture ingress is pulling voltage down.. correct me if I’m wrong but could really do with some pointers.
Consumers offline usually means the boot battery is very low on voltage. Many many posts on forums about this problem on R230's. Check the voltage of that battery. On ours in the past (before Ctek solved) the car wouldn't do much including remote operating of the door locks although would start on the starter battery. Need a bit more detail of the problem as per post 2.

Top Bottom