SL55 AMG Radio change? Double DIN?

Mr P

Reaction score
Hi, i am looking at changing the whole radio/cd/tv/phone system in a SL55 AMG?

The car currently has analog TV, a nokia business phone kit in the centre console.

The reason behind the change is that i am looking at having DVD, Sat Nav, iPod, Bluetooth Phone kit and DigiTV and a replacement unit is looking like the best option.

I have found a few units that i like the look of and that have the majority of features that i require. Its just the fitting side of things that i seem to have problems with. I cant find a facia adapter or any specs on the SL's standard system. I know previous cars i have worked on have had amplified systems on them and no doubt that this car does too. Are there amp integration leads available? Where can i get said parts from?

Answers on a post card!

Cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Your car will have the Bose amp coupled by fiber optic cables, so you may have to change that, also the loudspeaker impedance is around 1 ohm

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
With what Malc has said regarding the Bose amp and the fibre optics in your car and how Command can be intergrated into other systems in your car i would talk to these people as they are considered to be the experts in the UK at this type of thing.
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/home.php
You may find that you can get everything you want and still retain the command system.

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
Hi, i am looking at changing the whole radio/cd/tv/phone system in a SL55 AMG?

The car currently has analog TV, a nokia business phone kit in the centre console.

The reason behind the change is that i am looking at having DVD, Sat Nav, iPod, Bluetooth Phone kit and DigiTV and a replacement unit is looking like the best option.

I have found a few units that i like the look of and that have the majority of features that i require. Its just the fitting side of things that i seem to have problems with. I cant find a facia adapter or any specs on the SL's standard system. I know previous cars i have worked on have had amplified systems on them and no doubt that this car does too. Are there amp integration leads available? Where can i get said parts from?

Answers on a post card!

Cheers

Try here too. They speak English :) http://www.audiocomp.de/

http://www.audiocomp.de/galerie/sl/sl.html

Last edited:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom