Slightly odd air suspension issue

sweeper

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 Viano 2.2 R350cdi
checked suspension air pressure and it was low at 6bar, as i suspected a leak between valve and tank i removed the wheel arch liner and found the line nearly worn through, as suspected rubbed through on the compressor, fitted a new line and repaired the compressor filter hose as this had broken off, out all back together and all was ok, pressures still low though but all working, checked this morning and no pressure showing in valve sensor, car wouldn't lift and compressor wouldn't run, Checked fuse and swapped relay for starter relay also reached in and wiggled wires on valve, started up and had 14bar on valve block, compressor running, all working great! Strange, I assume it wasn't the relay as the car still startrs using the original and I guess it only runs the compressor anyway, so would it be the valve block or compressor, possibly the wiring?

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
From the description, sounds like the wiring, I alwayss tend to clean up contacts when removing, wire brush, contact cleaner and ensuring any prongs are not depressed - where possible of course as modern contacts are not easy to get at.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom