SLK 200 R170

MatteSLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 200 R170
Anyone know how much boost the ECU and MAF sensor will handle as std?

I know with some cars you can raise the boost and the ecu and maf will fuel correctly upto a certain psi and then hit a boost cut.

Just thinking with a simple pully change i could raise the boost a few psi and not have to mess with a chip .

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Have a word with one of the tuning guys on here

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good morning,

Pulley upgrades alone should make a good bit of power without the need for software alteration. However coupled with software ecu remapping the gains can be taken further and allow for the extra ait and match with fuel. This would have to be a rolling road job to get correct AFR's.

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

OP
M

MatteSLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 200 R170
Good morning,

Pulley upgrades alone should make a good bit of power without the need for software alteration. However coupled with software ecu remapping the gains can be taken further and allow for the extra ait and match with fuel. This would have to be a rolling road job to get correct AFR's.

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

Thanks , do you know how much you can push it before the boost will be too much for the std ecu/maf to fuel?

longjohn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Slk2000 /2001/r170
Put a larger bottom pulley on my 200 R170 by machining off an amount of the original pulley, shrinking on a piece of aluminium tube, and machining in the belt grooves. I aimed for 200 BHP knowing that the continental models were specked to this value. It does go better and as yet no chip change. The amount you can increase is limited by available room for the increased pulley diameter. Cost £110 for pulley, breakers in London, longer belt EBAY £15 and a deal with a local machinist £0. ( Too large for my lathe).

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom