1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slk 2008 condensation problems on boot lid

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Roodie, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Roodie

Roodie New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    slk 2008 1.8
    Has anybody experienced condensation issues on their SLK boot lid and how do I rectify
    Thanks Roodie

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    This can be a problem on a convertible in that the heat from the cab leaks into the boot creating condensation, it is the same on a building with a tin roof, the colder air outside will cause the inside to sweat and drip.

Just make sure that no water is getting in, particularly in or near the PSE pump where water can run down the wires and into the pump PCB board

3. Sue new MB owner!!

Sue new MB owner!! Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SLK 200 /2009 /1.8
    Make sure your parcel shelf / roof spacer is always closed.... will stop drips into the boot and onto its contents.... and I think it helps insulate the boot a bit??

4. moosehead

moosehead Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C230/2005/2.5L Avantgarde SE Sport Pack Estate, SLK230/1999 and Volvo XC60/2017 AWD
    Probably a good idea to check the drains. The R170 has 2 drains at the rear. I'm not sure what the R171 has. If they are blocked water will come over the seal into the boot. As TV mentions, water in the boot can be a serious problem and cause major damage to some of the electrics.