SLK 230 exhaust note

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Collins

Reaction score
my 2000 slk 230 K when driven at low speed under load, ie. steep hairpin roads sounds like a tractor, the dealer assures me that that they all sound the same. It would be good to hear from anybody who has the same concern.

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Hiya Brian

If the noise you are talking about is a harsh rasping noise under hard acceleration. Then Yes. they are all like that. That is all the vehicles which are fitted with the 111engine. This engine is very harsh sounding compared with its predecessor.

Sorry I can't give you any better news!

Regards
Andy
www.mercedesservicing.com

OP
B

Brian Collins

Reaction score
Hi Andy

Thanks for the response, yes it sounds like a manifold blow, never mind just have to drive faster?

shep

Reaction score
Brian,
Yer mine sounds like that to................

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom