SLK door panel removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercman_1

Reaction score
I have a SLK230 1998 I would like to remove the drivers door panel to check the window mechanism as I heard a piece of metal fall inside an now the window goes up to far stopping the door from closing properly but finding the securing screws is not easy and I do not want to damage the leather anybody help would be much appreciated.Thankyou Bob.T.

Spike

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 SL500
mercman_1 said:
I have a SLK230 1998 I would like to remove the drivers door panel to check the window mechanism as I heard a piece of metal fall inside an now the window goes up to far stopping the door from closing properly but finding the securing screws is not easy and I do not want to damage the leather anybody help would be much appreciated.Thankyou Bob.T.

I suspect I know which pice of metal has fallen off. There are two stoppers, one each end of the door to limit how high the window go. The bolts seems to be made of cheese, undertighten and they vibrate off, overtighten and they snap.

I'm sorry but I couldnt say how to remove your door card on an SLK but it cant be hard.

OP
mercman_1

mercman_1

Reaction score
Thanks Spike. you are correct the two stoppers had come adrift, refitted them using aroldite. I found the retaining screws after a long search
2 were behind the armrest/doorpull and 1 was behind the airbag badge Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom