SLK wont pair with my phone

Jonboy66

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 350 2009
Hi all I've just bought my first Mercedes an SLK 350 and i cant get it to find my phone. The Bluetooth on the car is on and my phone is visible. I have removed all the previous phones from the memory but its still saying cant find compatible phone. My phone is a Samsung S9. Any help out there:(?

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Hi all I've just bought my first Mercedes an SLK 350 and i cant get it to find my phone. The Bluetooth on the car is on and my phone is visible. I have removed all the previous phones from the memory but its still saying cant find compatible phone. My phone is a Samsung S9. Any help out there:(?

I know it's a bit of a cliché however, have you tried switching off your phone and then switching it back on again?

My iPhone used to do this on my last car and that's how I found I could get around it.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
yes... since 2012 software updates that's the way most cars do it...

its to do with spying beacons, they basically swapped the pairing method around so they can track you more easily

I retrofitted BT on the focus (using all ford parts) paired my phone to check it all worked and then updated the software on the module, then couldn't find the pairing menus on the radio that I'd just been using... spent 25 mins searching for them to try and connect her phone and couldn't do it... when I nipped in the shops she just paired her phone back to front (aka the new method) and wondered what all the fuss was about

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
My wife's old SLK200K used to loose pairing if it wasn't used for a long time. Always needed at least 2 to 3 searches to reconnect.
I used to turn bluetooth off on the phone, set bluetooth search in the car, then turn on phone bluetooth. That used to work.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom