Someone hit me

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
Happened this morning, woman pulled out of side road into me. My insurer and her insurer both say I'm not at fault. Had a call recommending a repairer which they've booked in for collection next Tuesday.
My partner has googled them and isn't happy with the reviews.
The car is leased through Lex so we're worried about charges on return if the repairs are not done to a high enough standard. Should I go back to the insurance and ask for a different repair place?

19396773_10154743059508435_6880955650304919255_n.jpg

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Contact Lex & see what they recommend ..... after all, its their car

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
You are within your rights to choose a place of repair that's within the associated trade and vat registered.

However you might submit your rights in other areas such as car hire and warranted repair certificates.

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
Although, they don't know we're not happy with the choice of repairer. So I could go back to them about that first.
Otherwise, how could we get it inspected and some kind of proof that it will pass MB return standards after it is done? I don't want to leave it until the end of the lease to find out (2.5 years left).

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
You are within your rights to choose a place of repair that's within the associated trade and vat registered.

However you might submit your rights in other areas such as car hire and warranted repair certificates.

Not sure what you mean by submit rights in other areas? Do you mean waive rights to a hire car etc?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

Insurers can get funny if you don't take your car to where they want you to e.g. they avoid giving you courtesy cars

phils

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 E220d AMG-line premium estate (S213)
when my previous S204 was it outside my house, the 3rd party (and his insurers) admitted liability. My insurer wanted me to use their repairer but I found out that did not guarantee using manufacturer's parts (as the car was over 3 years old - it was 4 years old).

I said that I would only use a MB approved repairer and the insurance company agreed, as the hire car would be paid for by the 3rd party insurer.

Incidentally, the MB approved repairer said they would have provided a courtesy car anyway, so worth checking around?

Phil

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Ouch Lisa!
As others have said you can insist on your choice of repairer - if MB I'd be very surprised if they didn't give you a courtesy car..

corradoman

Reaction score
ohhh thats a nasty bump, make sure you do your homework before you let any repairer touch it. after all it was not your fault and YOU have to be happy to drive around in the car after its been repaired

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
Thanks, my partner is off today so I'll get him to do some research, and I'll phone the insurance this afternoon after work.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Lisa,

Do you have a dash cam?

The thing to do here is claim direct from her insurance and not yours.

You will get a far better standard of treatment. You don’t have to claim through your insurance. I’ve done this before

You phone hers, tell them you wish to claim through them. You should be provided with a like for like hire car. You also stipulate you want it repaired at a Mercedes approved body repair centre.

The only thing then you need to do is tell your insurance about the incident and that you are pursuing the claim through her insurance not yours. This will then log the incident as a non fault accident with a claim against other party insurance. This then ‘shouldn’t’ affect your insurance. But insurance companies are a law unto themselves sometimes.

Bottom line here is claim direct from her insurance.

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
We already phoned her insurance first, so the 2 companies were talkng to each other I believe. Will get that checked today.

Last edited:

corradoman

Reaction score
Be careful with the insurance and double and triple check that they are not lying regarding your non fault claim as we had this last december when a neighbor hit our runabout and they admitted being there fault and were very good, so we dealt with there insurance and still it went down on our insurance as a claim, and when we bought our SLK i struggled to insure it!! my wife well and truly kicked off on them and after protest from the insurance they eventually cleared it, they lied through there teeth and didnt care, the laughable thing was, that the neighbors insurance company was the same as ours, honestly you couldnt make it up, and even now we still get claim firms trying to get us to lie and say we were in the car and claim for whiplash, Crooks the lot of them

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Get the car repaired then inspected by Lex. Have them sign off the repair and then you are covered for future claims by them.

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
That's helpful thanks :)

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Or just ring MB and ask them to come and collect and repair the car. chances are you will then get a more acceptable courtesy car and any repair issues are direct with them instead of the call centre type passing the buck frustrations.

OP
Lisadj

Lisadj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220d AMG Line coupé
My partner has rang MB this morning and they did say they'll deal with everything. Their approved repair centre is 2 mins up my street so I need to call my insurance and cancel the arrangements. I don't even know who has sent the UKAARC people : my insurer or hers.
Will be straight on the phone after work

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom