Spare tyres on new C class 220d Sports Premium

Benz-c220d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 C class Sports Premium
Hello,
New to Merk.
On inspection the above car comes with tyre repair kit.
If tyre develops a puncture how does one go about? Car new from dealer.
Do I call my own roadside cover with AA?
Is it easy to repair a puncture by road side?

(All these years the cars I have been driving had a spare tyre. On couple of occasions the spare tyre came in very handy)

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi and welcome to the forum, I’ve got the same and haven’t a clue either. Fortunately punctures are a pretty rare event so just hope we will never need it. In fact I can’t remember the last time I had a puncture anyway.

OP
B

Benz-c220d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
New C 220d sports premium: can it hold a spare wheel?
How much would it cost to buy a spare wheel?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

I’d read the manual as all the safety concerns will be listed out for you.

Using the gloop and compressor is pretty easy though

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Spare wheels are getting rarer and rarer on new cars now unfortunately, with many only coming with tyre repair kits.
Depending on manufacturer and model you might be lucky enough to have a space saver spare in the boot, or can purchase one as an optional extra.
I am not up to speed with these tyre repair kits and hope I never need to use one, but yes you can call out your breakdown assistance provided with your new car purchase for 3 years. I believe it is RAC that Mercedes use.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
New C 220d sports premium: can it hold a spare wheel?
How much would it cost to buy a spare wheel?
Why do you want to carry more excess weight? A full size spare will only fit loose in the boot. Ask your dealer for a price, just be sat down when they quote you…

OP
B

Benz-c220d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
:)
Fear of the unknown.
Let me hope for the best.
Will that red button to press to call for assistance cover the road side tyre puncture? (With the way roads are maintained those large pot holes on motorways makes one very nervous)

Last edited:

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
If you have no idea how to use the goop and pump. i would advise you read the manual or ask your dealer to show you how to use it if needed.

You are obviously concerned (rightly so). So best to master it in your head.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
My last puncture was at least 15 years ago, the same with my wife's car. Both were slow puncture within 15 miles of home, so we just blew them back up & drove home. Had them repaired the following day.
You have a new car so you can also call Mercedes Mobilo roadside assistance.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
The trouble with no spare is that Sod's Law will say that you'll get a puncture at silly o'clock on a Sunday night when no one is open to repair/replace your pinctured tyre.

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
Advice from sales guy for a previous Merc (latest two have had runflat tyres anyway) was not to mess about but just call Mobilo and let them deal with it. Saves replacing the gloop kit as well.

moj91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d-T, W204 C250CDI-T, W220 S320CDI (AMG Kit), W168 A170CDI, W210&W124 OM606...
I've just bought a W213 E400d, with runflats - i'm looking to retrofit a spare wheel into that. I know they are available as options in some markets. If i succeed in working it out i will report back. I'm either going to drop a winter wheel in the bootwell or find a spacesaver to fit. Unfortunately i've suffered too many punctures/pothole damage instances to rely on just the runflats and/or mobilo, and usually when time is of the essence so no time to sit and wait for recovery!

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Hello,
New to Merk.
On inspection the above car comes with tyre repair kit.
If tyre develops a puncture how does one go about? Car new from dealer.
Do I call my own roadside cover with AA?
Is it easy to repair a puncture by road side?

(All these years the cars I have been driving had a spare tyre. On couple of occasions the spare tyre came in very handy)

Seeing as your new , its Merc ... please

OP
B

Benz-c220d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry typo...these predicted text

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
I've just bought a W213 E400d, with runflats - i'm looking to retrofit a spare wheel into that. I know they are available as options in some markets. If i succeed in working it out i will report back. I'm either going to drop a winter wheel in the bootwell or find a spacesaver to fit. Unfortunately i've suffered too many punctures/pothole damage instances to rely on just the runflats and/or mobilo, and usually when time is of the essence so no time to sit and wait for recovery!
Good point. The only puncture I've had in recent years was in a runflat and of course it wasn't repairable. But I wanted a matching tyre and it was just before a long weekend. No stock anywhere so car was unusable over a long weekend.

moj91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d-T, W204 C250CDI-T, W220 S320CDI (AMG Kit), W168 A170CDI, W210&W124 OM606...
I can't risk being without a car for work reasons, and don't want to be stranded with a pothole damaged wheel in the middle of nowhere at 2am so i need to find a solution. I need to take the boot apart to see if the well in there can be adjusted to fit a spare, although i fear others have already tried and failed. My W204 would fit a full size wheel in the well which was perfect for swapping in prior to long trips/euro trips. Last thing i want is to be sat at the side of the road in Slovakia at 1am with no wheel, or needing to catch a eurotunnel/ferry/flight which is still hours of driving away on a runflat (which wouldnt last) or a spacesaver at 60mph. Id rather have a spacesaver than nothing at all though.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I need to take the boot apart to see if the well in there can be adjusted to fit a spare, although i fear others have already tried and failed.

I know on mine, the adblue tank is in the wheel well, so no chance of a spare wheel fitting in there. I suspect most diesels with adblue will be the same.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom