Sprint Boosters C220 CDI Sports Diesel Auto

Clare

Reaction score
I had a post on the forum but it seems to have disappeared, so here goes again.
I have made some progress towards buying a SB, but am getting some confusing advice on the correct product to buy.
They range from a W204 don't know anything more, a SBDD 451A probably out of date, to a newish SBDD 452A, supposed to be OK for my car, with switches to change the settings.
As they cost around £200 I don't wish to buy the wrong one, is there anyone out there who can tell me which one to buy, I plan to purchase one over this coming weekend.
My car is a C220 CDI Sports Saloon, Diesel, Automatic, 2009 model.
It hesitates from a standing start, you press the accelerator, even to the floor, before it launches itself. My Mercedes garage have re-tested the car and say "it is set correctly, but all diesels share this problem", so am hoping the booster will improve the ECU performance and give me a car to believe in.
Thanks

MarkCL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDi Avantgarde
Hi Clare - to be honest I'm not sure it will do the job. Essentially all the sprint booster is, is a signal amplifier. It does the same thing as mashing the pedal to the floor, except it does it from lower pedal pressure. To me it's always seemed like a waste of money, but that's just my opinion - there are still many others who swear by them. I hope that it works out for you if this is definitely the way you're decided on going, but I wouldn't pin your hopes too high.

Cheers,
Mark

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There is a mod or change that can be done in one of the driving modes to fix this problem Clare,,we do have a thread on it

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom