squeeky clutch pedal

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
hi guys my 1995 C220 has a squeeky clutch pedal and its rather annoying,

when i push down to change gear, squeek ! same when I release it, i've tried 'oiling' the pedal and associated springs from what i could see but the squeek is still there,

is this a problem ? and how can i get rid of the squeek ?

cheers
anyweb

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
it's the plastic bush

way up in the trees by the steering column. I had the same thing on our c280. Remove the lower panel by the pedals, get a can of white grease and a long nozzle, trace the clutch pedal up to the bush and squirt. work it a few times and repeat. I did this three years ago now and no returns since of the mouse impressionist. It was driving me bonkers as well.

OP
anyweb

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
thanks a bunch, i'll definetly try this
what exzactly is white grease ? is that the same gunk you stick on the wheel bolts ? will normal oil not do ?

cheers
anyweb

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
it's different anyweb

It comes in a spray can, probably made by Wurth and other similar firms. It really is white as well.

CDI-SWAMP

Reaction score
I have had some success in the past by taking the pedal assistor off emery cloth the pivot at the top smooth then layering it in vasaline. White grease is probably as good as you wont have to strip it down to get the grease worked in. Normal oil is too thin and just doesnt stop around long enough to keep the noise away

John

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom