SRS error,Vito 109 dual seat occupancy sensor plug location?

Engineer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 109 cdi/ 2004/ 2.2cc
Hi all 1st post on this site from sunny Wiltshire roll:.
Would really appreciate any assistance with the following:
I have a bench passenger seat on a vito 109cdi 2004 - i have an SRS fault light up. Upon initial diognosis i have found a floating small yellow plug disconnected under this seat - where does it go? I could initially see it disconnected through side battery access pannel. Removed dual cussion base (has this got the occupancy sensor within? If so where does this lead connect?).
Have enclosed a pic of this lead, looked all over seat base pulled out the battery (still connected, on slack) cant see anything? Can anyone please assist, with thanks:confused:

OP
E

Engineer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Picture enclosed, apologies...
(note) there is another plug already connecting two yellow ended leads together in 2nd pic thanks.

Attachments

• 20170403_190852.jpg
    20170403_190852.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170403_190815.jpg
    20170403_190815.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
E

Engineer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Further Fault Diognosis - PLEASE HELP

Hi all - Upon carrying out further diognosis today Re - SRS Vito 109cdi error light;
I have today removed the drivers side seat fully, to find another small cable (with a small blue plug end) disconnected & floating under the base (another picture enclosed).
Surprised to see again - no cable connected to the drivers seat in any way? Assistance anyone please....
Turned over the seat, had to repair the raising mechanism as it was broken.
But again could see no cable connector or plug end...
Is there suppost to be air bag cable connections to the seatbelt harnesses or their clips?
This is my next area of diognosis to try & find an obvious fault - unless someone can assist me further would really appreciate it guys

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The yellow connector in your photos looks like the occupancy sensor connector on my e-class.
The drivers seat won't have an occupancy sensor as it's assumed if the ignition is on then the seat will be occupied. Unless you have electric seats, seat heaters or a side airbags built into the seat I wouldn't expect any wires on the drivers seat.
Have you had the error codes read/cleared yet? (It'll need a proper reader capable of reading MB codes not a generic one). If you have had the ignition on and an airbag disconnected the airbag light will need resetting.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom