SRS light.

bigbuck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 w124 E280 Estate. 2006 C180 Avantgarde Kompressor(with sport pack). 1985 BMW K100 Motorbike.
Hi all, Im looking for some advice for this little problem. Im preparing my W124 E280 for its MOT:(. My SRS light does not come on with the ignition for its self test, the light will come on if i disconnect seat wiring so i know the bulb is ok. Apart from that there isnt a glimmer!! Am i correct in thinking that the control module is behind the centre console?

Thanks!!

OP
B

bigbuck

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 w124 E280 Estate. 2006 C180 Avantgarde Kompressor(with sport pack). 1985 BMW K100 Motorbike.
SRS Solved

Decided to begin stripping the centre console to access the SRS control box. I worked methodically and checked the light after disconnecting any wiring. Upon diconnecting the four pin plug from the stereo to the wiring loom "hey presto" SRS light now behaving normally. Thinking id dislodged a wire from the control box i stripped it all out double checked all connections, put it all back together. SRS light working as it should now!! Now its just two tyres for MOT(hopefully)!!:D:D:D:D

Top Bottom